Taffy is the #1 Maple Treat that our visitors come for! It’s a classic sugar pop that comes from Mother Nature with nothing added or taken away. Here’s our not-so-secret recipe so you can enjoy all of this goodness at home.
PREP TIME: 0 mins
TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
1/2 cup Fulton’s Organic Maple Syrup (Makes 5-8 servings)
Snow for cooling/serving
- Start with some Fulton’s Organic Maple Syrup. In a pot on the stovetop, cook over a medium-low heat until the temperature reaches 118C / 245F. Do not stir! Use a candy thermometer and watch it carefully to ensure it doesn’t boil over. If it does boil over, add a 1/4 tsp of butter to flatten the boil…
- Remove pot from the stove and carefully pour about 2 Tbsp at a time of the hot maple syrup onto the packed snow in a thin line.
- Let the syrup strips cool and become firm for a few seconds.
- Using a Popsicle stick and once the syrup starts to set a little bit, dab it and then roll/ gather it up on the stick into a lollipop.
- Allow the taffy to set for a few minutes on the snow until it’s firm enough to eat.
WARNING: Do NOT allow children to handle the hot syrup.
Gather some fresh snow in a pan and store in the freezer to use at a later date. Wouldn’t a summer taffy party be fun?