We love to enjoy the seasonal treats! What goes better with fall than a warm apple dessert that is made with pure maple goodness?!
PREP TIME: 25 mins
BAKING TIME: 55 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1h 20 mins
1 pkg (250g) block cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup (75 ml) Fulton’s Granulated Maple Sugar
1 1/2 tsp (7ml) vanilla
1/3 (75ml) sour cream
6 large apples
1 Tbsp (15ml) butter
1/3 cup (or more!) Fulton’s Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First make the cheesecake filling: In a large bowl, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla on low speed. Beat in sour cream until just blended. Set aside.
- Slice tops off apples, about a quarter way down; discard tops. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out and discard the cores. Then scoop out apple flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch (5mm) shell. Reserve the apple pieces.
- In 13×9-inch (3L) baking pan, place apple shells. Pour in cheesecake filling to 2/3 full. Bake in 350F oven for 50-55 minutes, until filling is firm. Let cool. (Note that the filling will sink as it cools).
- Finely chop reserved apple pieces; measure out 2 1/2 cups (625ml). In large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped apples, 1/4 cup (50ml) of the maple syrup and the pecans (if using) Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until apples are tender. Remove to small bowl and allow to cool.
- To serve, top each apple with about 1/4 cup (50ml) of the maple apple mixture. Dollop with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if using. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.