Pack up the family and get outdoors! A private sugar bush experience with bush crafter & outdoor educator, Chad Clifford.
These activities are now done for the 2021 season.
There’s nothing better than family, fresh air and fun! Add the amazing knowledge of our outdoor educator and you are making memories this Spring. Each experience below is priced at $80 ($10 site fee and HST included). Bring your questions and curiosities for Chad. You won’t be disappointed!
Private Bookings available Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
Email email@example.com to book, 24 hours notice required.
Experience #1 – Make a Spile & Tap a Tree! (minimal walking)
From a sumac tree and around a cozy campfire, Chad will demonstrate the earliest forms of making a spile while hollowing out a sumac branch. You can take the spiles home! Tap a maple tree and taste fresh sap. End your experience with delicious maple taffy.
Experience #2 – What are those tracks? (more walking) – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO SNOW MELT.
What are those tracks in the snow? Join Chad on a walk through the sugar bush exploring local animal tracks and how to identify into family groups of tracks. End your experience with delicious maple taffy.
Experience #3 – Let there be light! (minimal walking)
There’s so much to learn about fire lighting such as gathering appropriate tinders, using a flint and steel or a ferro rod, and making friction fires. Can you do it like Chad!? End your experience with delicious maple taffy
Experience #4 – A bushcraft and nature lore walkabout with Chad. (more walking)
There’s so much to learn from our forefathers such as finding materials for fire lighting techniques, crafting natural fibre ropes, animal tracks, and more. End your experience with delicious maple taffy.
The Fine Print
- One family per booking, maximum of 10 participants from the same family.
- Time with Chad – approximately 50 minutes
- Dress for an outdoor adventure: warm, waterproof footwear, coat, gloves, hat etc.
- Each participant will be asked to complete a Covid screening questionnaire and must wear a mask (exception, under 2 years).
- Bookings are by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and require 24 hours notice. In the event of Fulton’s cancellation due to rain or other unforeseen emergency, a full refund will be provided.
- Timing: Tues & Fri 9:30, 10:45, 12:30, 1:45 | Sat & Sun 9:30, 11:30